Village of Bloomingdale Board of Trustees met April 8
Village of Bloomingdale Board of Trustees met April 8.
Here is the agenda provided by the board:
CALL TO ORDER:
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
According to §1-6-3 E. of the Bloomingdale Village Code, a period of time at the beginning of each Board Meeting shall be made available for public comments regarding items on the agenda or related to any other Village ordinances, policies or operations, (hereinafter referred to as “Audience Participation”).
APPROVAL OF AGENDA:
PROCLAMATION: APRIL 13, 2019 - WORLD SARCOIDOSIS DAY
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
Minutes of the March 25, 2019 Standing Committee of the Whole of the Village President and Village of Bloomingdale Board of Trustees – Absent: Trustees Bucaro and Shannon
Minutes of the March 25, 2019 Regular Meeting of the Village President and Village of Bloomingdale Board of Trustees - Absent: Trustees Bucaro and Shannon
MOTIONS TO APPROVE MINUTES
Traffic and Streets
1) To a) award the 2019 Annual Street Improvement Plan Contract to Brothers Asphalt Paving Inc. in Addison, IL in the amount of $1,235,229.71 pursuant to bid prices submitted on March 14, 2019 and b) to adopt Resolution No. 2019-R-14: A RESOLUTION FOR IMPROVEMENT BY MUNICIPALITY UNDER THE ILLINOIS HIGHWAY CODE.
A Resolution for Improvement by Municipality Under the Illinois Highway Code to enable funding the work using Motor Fuel Tax Fund revenues.
2) To award the contract for the 2018 (FY19) and 2019 (FY20) ANNUAL PAVEMENT MARKING/RECESSED REFLECTIVE PAVEMENT MARKER PROGRAM to Precision Pavement Markings of Elgin, IL in the total amount of $104,558.28.
3) To authorize expenditures in an amount not-to-exceed $25,750.00 for the purchase and delivery of aggregate materials from various vendors, with pricing obtained throughout FY20 by utilizing the “spot market” procedures pursuant to Village Code.
For FY20 Aggregate Material “Spot Market” Procurement Approval: The Utilities Division routinely engages various local vendors to supply and deliver aggregate material that is utilized as backfill for utility excavations for various projects. Due to limited storage capacity at the Public Works Facility, aggregate is purchased on an “on-demand” basis.
4) To authorize expenditures in an amount not-to-exceed $24,000.00 for hauling and dumping services, including fees, from various vendors with pricing obtained throughout FY20 by utilizing the “spot market” procedures pursuant to Village Code.
For FY20 Hauling and Dumping “Spot Market” Procurement Approval: The Utilities Division routinely engages various local vendors to haul and dump debris and spoils generated from Village excavations for various projects. The Department generally stockpiles materials including concrete, asphalt, street sweeping debris and earth spoils at the Public Works Facility in order to reduce cost by consolidating loads.
5) To authorize expenditures in the FY20 budgeted amount, not to exceed $32,755.00, to purchase ready-mix concrete materials using “spot market” procedures pursuant to the Village Code.
For FY20 Ready Mix Concrete “Spot Market” Procurement Approval: Each month during the Village concrete maintenance season, generally April – November, the Street Maintenance Supervisor, or designee, will solicit “spot market” competitive quotes for unit price concrete batch mix, in accordance with State specification, from a minimum of three (3) vendors via fax/email requesting written quotation for secured pricing for a period of one month, for each month, during the construction season.
ACTION ON CONSENT AGENDA
a. Any items to be removed from the Consent Agenda i. Discussion on removed items
ii. Action on removed items
b. Place items on the Consent Agenda
MOTION TO ESTABLISH AND PLACE ITEMS PRESENTED ON CONSENT AGENDA
The Chair will entertain a motion to establish the Consent Agenda for this meeting.
ROLL CALL VOTE
c. Approve Consent Agenda
MOTION TO APPROVE THE CONSENT AGENDA AS PRESENTED
The Chair will entertain a motion to approve items on the Consent Agenda as presented for this meeting.
ROLL CALL VOTE, MAYOR’S VOTE IS NOT CALLED
FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION
Recommended Motion: I move to approve Warrant #1 for the month of April, 2019 in the amount of $1,290,904.27, as presented.