ELMHURST PARK DISTRICT: Complete an online survey to provide feedback on future dog park
Elmhurst Park District issued the following announcement on July 13.
The Elmhurst Park District held a dog park planning open house on Thursday, July 12 at The Abbey to solicit feedback from residents on a future dog park. If you were unable to attend the meeting, we'd still love to hear from you! Click here to complete an online survey. And then mark your calendar for Thursday, July 26. We will be holding another open house from 5:00-8:00 p.m. at The Abbey to allow residents to vote on design concepts for the park!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Where will the dog park be located? In 2017, the Elmhurst Park District purchased the former trailer park property on Old York Road. The property is contiguous with the District’s boundaries and is approximately 3.4 acres. The current plan is to construct the community’s first dog park on that site.
2. When will it be built? This is to be determined based on a number of factors including cost. The open house was the first step in determining the elements the community would like to see.
3. How much will it cost to build? Based on public input, cost estimates can be put together and reviewed by the Board and staff.
4. Will there be separate areas for big dogs and small dogs? Yes, that is currently the plan.
5. Will a permit be required to use the dog park? Yes.
6. Will there be a cost for a permit? Yes.
7. Will I have an opportunity to provide feedback on the design of the dog park? Yes! There will be another open house on Thursday, July 26 in which concept boards will be presented. We invite you to stop by The Abbey and provide input on the proposed designs at that time.
Original source can be found here.