Westmont Board of Trustees to hold special meeting on apartment project
Westmont Board of Trustees will meet at 6 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 8.
Here is the agenda as provided by Westmont:
Village Board Special Meeting
September 8, 2016
Call To Order
Pledge Of Allegiance
Participants are advised that the Open Forum procedure is a privilege and should not be abused. Upon completing an Open Forum request form and submitting it to the Village Clerk before the commencement of the meeting, participants will be recognized and given a chance to speak. The time limit to speak is 3 minutes. If deemed necessary by the Village Board, the matter may be referred to Village Staff or may be placed on a future agenda for Board consideration.
All participants are expected to exercise common courtesy and follow any rules of order established or announced by the Village Board and/or Mayor. Candidates for local public office may not use this forum for campaign purposes.
3500 Midwest Road - The Harp Group
Applicant is presenting a site plan to the Village Board that includes a 65,000 square foot natatorium & a 6 story apartment building with 7 stories of parking & 250 units. 1781 parking spaces have been provided on site, meeting the zoning code.
Public hearings were held on 5/18, 6/15 & 8/17. A link is provided to the numerous memos, studies, documents, & public comments at this location: https://drive.google.com/folderview? id=0B3S10MBWNgIASDNVdzJaY3hhUVE&usp=sharing
Planning and Zoning Commission made a 3-4 recommendation at the 3rd public hearing on 8/17, after discussing the Comprehensive Plan, appropriateness of additional multi-family housing, revisions to the proposal, and comments from the public
Board to consider ordinances approving the following requests from the Harp Group to allow for the construction of a natatorium and multi-family apartment building in the B-3 Special Business District:
1. Map Amendment request to rezone from B-3 Special Business District to a Planned Development Overlay District in the underlying B-3 Special Business District with the following exceptions from the Zoning Code:
a) Exception to increase the maximum FAR for an 18 acre land area.
b) Exception to the minimum lot area required for a multiple family residential construction for an 18 acre land area.
2. Special Use Permit request to permit residential dwelling units in the B-3 Special Business District.
3. Zoning Code Variance request to increase the maximum number of signs permitted in the B-3 Special Business District for an 18 acre land area.
4. Preliminary Concept Plan approval for the new construction of a natatorium and a multi-family residential apartment building including a site and landscaping plan for an 18 acre land area.
5. Final Concept Plan approval for the new construction of a natatorium and a multi-family residential apartment building including a site and landscaping plan for an 18 acre land area.
6. Preliminary Plat of Subdivision approval for an 18 acre land area.
7. Planned Development Agreement.
8. Commercial masonry waiver request.
This Board may adjourn to closed session to discuss matters so permitted and may act upon such matters upon returning to open session.
Note: Any person who has a disability requiring a reasonable accommodation to participate in the meeting should contact the ADA Compliance Officer, 9:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. Monday through Friday, Village of Westmont, Illinois, 60559; or telephone (630) 981-6210 voice, within a reasonable time before the meeting.
Organizations in this Story
31 W Quincy St
Westmont, IL - 60559-1865