Wheaton Police Department issued the following announcement on Jan. 6.
The Wheaton Police Department partnered with the Illinois Department of Transportation and law enforcement across the state for the 2019 holiday “Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over” campaign. From Dec. 16 through Jan. 2, law enforcement showed zero tolerance for impaired driving, arresting one offender for driving under the influence and possession of a controlled substance. The Wheaton Police Department also took the following enforcement actions:
- 31 citations for failure to wear a seatbelt
- 4 citations for distracted driving
- 3 citations for unlawful consumption of alcohol
- 2 citations for speeding
- 2 citations for operating an uninsured vehicle
- 1 citation for improper lane usage
- 1 citation for failure to secure a child over 8 years of age
- 1 citation for failure to obey railroad-crossing signal
The Illinois “Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over” campaign is administered by the Illinois Department of Transportation with federal highway safety funds managed by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
Original source can be found here.
Source: City of Wheaton