Bensenville School District 2 recently issued the following announcement.
Federal grant dollars from the Full Service Community Schools Program are bringing parent mentors and a new community center to District 2.
In fact, the District is hosting a grand opening for the new BSD2 Community Center from 4-6 p.m. Tuesday, October 15. All BSD2 residents are invited to attend.
Located at Tioga School, and accessible through Door 12, the BSD2 Community Center will operate 20 hours a week. The District’s partners in the Full Service Community Schools Program will use the Community Center to share resources and information about the services they can provide BSD2 families.
Those partners include:
- Access DuPage
- Bensenville Community Public Library
- Bensenville Park District
- Center for the Gifted
- Collaborative for Academic, Social, and Emotional Learning
- College of DuPage
- DuPage County Health Department
- Familia Dental
- Metropolitan Family Services
- Mindful Practices
- Northeast DuPage Family Youth Services
- Northern Illinois Food Bank
- Urban Gateways
- YWCA Metropolitan Chicago
- WHAT: BSD2 Community Center Grand Opening
- WHEN: 4-6 p.m. Tuesday, October 15
- WHERE: Tioga School, 212 W. Memorial Road, Bensenville; enter through Door 12
Original source can be found here.
Source: Bensenville School District 2