DOWNERS GROVE PARK DISTRICT: Recreation Center Parking Lot Improvements
Downers Grove Park District issued the following announcement on Aug. 9.
PARKING LOT IMPROVEMENTS
The Downers Grove Park District is excited to provide 4500 Fitness members and Recreation Center visitors with much-needed improvements to the parking lot:
- Resurfacing of the entire parking lot
- Addition of 28 new parking spaces
- Addition of a circle drop-off lane near the front entrance
Construction will continue through the month of August. Half of the lot will remain open for parking for a duration of the construction with the exception of a short closure of the entire facility either the last week of August or first week of September (weather dependent) to complete the project. Dates for the facility closure will be announced soon.
GROUP EXERCISE STUDIOS
The flooring in the Group Exercise Studios will be refinished from Aug. 21 to 25. Classes will be moved or changed to adjust for this improvement project. View the tentative schedule
OUTDOOR FITNESS OPPORTUNITIES
During the closure, we are pleased to provide outdoor fitness opportunities to members:
- Free outdoor fitness classes at Fishel Park: View the tentative schedule
- Outdoor trails and walking paths: View maps and locations
- An outdoor gym; walking path; sand volleyball, tennis, pickleball and basketball courts at McCollum Park: Learn more
In addition to free outdoor fitness opportunities, all 4500 Fitness members will:
- Receive 2 one-day guest passes available at the Fitness Desk from Sept. 9 to 15, 2019.
- Be entered in a drawing for a free iPad (to be announced on Sept. 6)
We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience as improvements are made to the facility. Members and visitors can stay updated on the construction and closure through eblasts and on this webpage. If you have questions or concerns, please visit our Fitness Desk or call 630.960.7250.
Original source can be found here.
Source: Downers Grove Park District