Naperville City Council met June 19
Here is the agenda provided by the Council:
A. Call To Order:
B. Roll Call:
C. Closed Session - 6:30 p.m.
Open Session - 7:00 p.m.
D. Roll Call:
E. Pledge To The Flag:
F. Awards And Recognitions:
1. 18-488 Presentation of a Fire Chief’s Awards to Todd Overmyer, Nicholas Zillier, Joseph Nussbaum and Christopher Ensign.
G. Public Forum:
H. Consideration Of Motion To Use Omnibus Method For The
I. Consent Agenda:
1. 18-475 Approve 05/02/2018 to 05/31/2018 Cash Disbursement for $30,381,267.08
2. 18-504 Approve the Naper Settlement & Naperville Nokia Campus Workshop minutes of April 9, 2018
3. 18-511 Approve the regular City Council meeting minutes of June 5, 2018
4. 18-439 Approve the award of Sole Source Procurement 18-144, Smart 9-1-1 Safety Solution Renewal, to Rave Mobile Safety for an amount not to exceed $150,000 and for a five-year term
5. 18-454 Approve the award of Bid 18-102, 2018 Goodyear Flow Control Valve Installation, to Joseph J. Henderson & Son Inc. for an amount not to exceed $147,428, plus a 5% contingency
6. 18-455 Approve the award of RFQ 18-064, Engineering Services for Water and Wastewater Projects, to Crawford Murphy & Tilly Inc., Walter E. Deuchler Associates Inc., Donohue & Associates Inc., Lockwood Andrews & Newnam Inc. and Strand Associates Inc. as approved vendors for future projects and for a three-year term
7. 18-457 Approve the award of Cooperative Procurement 18-148, One 2018 Vactor Sewer Flusher, to Standard Equipment for an amount not to exceed $481,444.56
8. 18-485 Approve the award of Bid 18-129, 72.5Kv Circuit Breaker, to Universal Utility Supply Company for an amount not to exceed $119,697
9. 18-489 Approve the award of Bid 18-121, Traffic Signal at 95th and Knoch Knolls, to H&H Electric Company for an amount not to exceed $306,538.15, plus a 5% contingency
10. 18-517 Approve appointments to the Board of Library Trustees and the Riverwalk Commission
11. 18-513 Accept the public street improvements at Villas at Trafford Place and authorize the City Clerk to reduce the corresponding public improvement surety.
12. 18-514 Approve the City Council meeting schedule for June, July, August and September 2018
13. 18-221 Waive the first reading and pass the ordinance amending Title 2 Chapter 19 of the Naperville Municipal Code (Advisory Cultural Commission) (requires six positive votes)
14. 18-388 Pass the ordinance ascertaining prevailing wages in the City of Naperville
15. 18-497 Waive the first reading and pass the ordinance amending Chapter 9 (Transportation Advisory Board) of Title 2 (Boards and Commissions) of the Naperville Municipal Code pertaining to membership (requires six positive votes)
16. 18-503 Pass the ordinance establishing the temporary traffic controls and issue a Special Event and Amplifier permit for the Naperville Sprint Triathlon on Sunday, August 5, 2018
17. 18-506 Pass the ordinance to establish temporary street closures and parking restrictions for the India Day Parade and Celebration and issue a Special Event and Amplifier permit for the event to be held on Sunday, August 12, 2018
18. 18-367 Approve the fireworks display application and issue a permit for the August 12, 2018 India Day Celebration
19. 18-440B Pass the ordinance amending Title 1, Chapter 6, Article A of the Naperville
Municipal Code and adding Chapter 14 to Title 1 to the Naperville
Municipal Code to establish an administrative procedure for assessing and determining claims made under the Public Safety Employee Benefits Act.
20. 18-516 Approve the request from the Century Walk to install a Laughing Lincoln sculpture in Central Park
21. 18-520 Conduct the first reading of an ordinance amending Sections 3 and 11 of Title 3, Chapter 3, of the Naperville Municipal Code adding a Bartending Services Permit and Dispenser Permit.
22. 18-525 Waive the first reading and pass the ordinance amending Sections,9-1A-2, 9-1B-4, 9-1B-10, 9-1B-16, 9-1B-21, 9-1B-24 9-1E-2, 9-1E-5 of Naperville Municipal Code pertaining to small wireless facilities in the right-of-way (requires six positive votes).
23. 18-465 Adopt the resolution approving the fifth amendment to the intergovernmental agreement between the City of Naperville and the
Naperville Park District for the Naperville Riverwalk
24. 18-487 Adopt a resolution approving an intergovernmental agreement for the
installation of a traffic signal at the intersection of Mill Street and Commons Road
25. 18-509 Adopt the resolution approving the intergovernmental agreement between the City of Naperville and the Illinois Environmental Protection Agency to operate a long-term household hazardous waste collection facility.
26. 18-518 Approve the recommendation by Alliant Insurance to award Property,
Cyber Liability and Pollution Liability Insurance coverage through the Alliant
Property Insurance Program for a one-year term and an amount not to exceed $314,187.77.
27. 18-519 Approve the recommendation by Alliant Insurance Services to award
Excess Liability Insurance coverage to Great American Insurance Company for a one-year term and an amount not to exceed $149,220.
J. Public Hearings:
1. 18-507 Conduct the Public Hearing on the Program Year 2017 Community Development Block Grant Comprehensive Annual Performance and Evaluation Report (Item 1 of 2)
2. 18-510 Approve the Program Year 2017 Community Development Block Grant
Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report, authorize staff to include any comments received, and submit the report to HUD (Item 2 of 2)
3. 18-505 Conduct the Public Hearing for Substantial Amendment I to the Community
Development Block Grant Program Year 2018 Annual Action Plan (Item 1 of 2)
4. 18-508 Approve Substantial Amendment I to the Program Year 2018 Annual Action Plan allocating a total of $598,452 of Community Development Block Grant funds (Item 2 of 2)
K. Old Business:
1. 18-527 Approve Ryan Companies to continue with 5th Avenue community engagement efforts to determine feasible and beneficial redevelopment options for City Council consideration.
L. Ordinances And Resolutions:
1. 18-438B Pass the ordinance amending Chapter 4 (Animal Control) of Title 10 (Police Regulations) of the Naperville Municipal Code
M. Award Of Bids And Other Items Of Expenditure:
1. 18-472 Approve the award of Bid 18-025, Motor Fuel, to Luke Oil for an amount not to exceed $1,960,840.50 and for an 18-month term
N. Petitions And Communications:
O. Reports And Recommendations:
1. 18-099C Select a funding level for City participation regarding a replacement fence along the north side of 95th Street
P. New Business: