WESTMONT PARK DISTRICT: Independence Day Celebration on July 4
Westmont Park District recently issued the following announcement.
Major funding for this event is provided in part by The Westmont Auto Mile, Westmont Park District, and the Village of Westmont.
FIREWORKS & SO MUCH MORE!
This annual fireworks display and celebration brings individuals together to celebrate America in fantastic Fourth of July style.
COME JOIN THE FUN! FOOD, GAMES, BEER, LIVE MUSIC!
TUESDAY, JULY 4, 2017 SCHEDULE
4:00-9:00P: Food Vendors Open
4:00-5:30P: FREE Kids Krafts
4:00-6:30P: Bubble Balls
4:00-7:30P: Petting Zoo
5:00-7:30P: Uncle Sam Stilt Walker & Hoop Head
5:00-8:00P: Face Painting (nominal fee)
5:30-6:30P: FREE Kids Games & Relays (ages 4-12)
5:30-6:15P: Barnyard Bingo
5:00-7:30P: Balloon Sculptors
5:45P: FREE Cake while supplies last!
Little Mr. & Miss Firecracker Award (ages 6-8)
Little Mr. & Miss Sparkler (ages 2-5)
Newest Newborn Award (1 and under)
Uncle Sam’s Family Award
(you must register at Gazebo to be eligible for award drawings/FREE!)
7:00P: FREE Watermelon Eating Contest
7:30-9:15P: Grand Ave Big Band (Traditional Big Band Music)
9:30P: Fireworks Spectacular!
Westmont Park District Food Tent
Jumbo Hot Dogs
Grilled Chicken Sandwich
Soda / Water
Backstop Concession Stand
Soda / Water
Fireworks are launched from the Willow Crest Golf Club which is north from Ty Warner Park. There are also ground display fireworks in conjunction with the ariel fireworks that are launched from the very north east corner of Ty Warner Park.
FRIENDLY 4TH OF JULY REMINDERS
- We strongly encourage parking in the Westmont High School or Westmont Junior High parking lots for the 4th of July Celebration
- No outside alcohol allowed.
- No pedestrian traffic will be allowed from the Oakwood subdivision, school parking lots & Chestnut and Blackhawk Drives into TY Warner Park after 9:15pm.
- Due to heavy congestion in the park, no handicapped transport carts will operate after 8:30pm.
- If you are going to reserve an area we ask that you do not set out a tarp, this kills the grass very quickly.
- Handicapped parking is available at the corner of Chestnut and Burr Oak Drives with additional spots.
- Sparklers are not allowed in the park.
- Event is held rain or shine.
- Pop-up tents are welcome, but please no stakes! All tents and canopies must be lowered by 9:00pm.
- Small grills can be used, but coals must be disposed of in metal cans designated for HOT COALS ONLY.
- We welcome your friendly dogs, but they must be on-leash at all times.
Source: Westmont Park District