Bensenville School District 2 recently issued the following announcement.
If you are the parent or caregiver to an infant, toddler, or preschooler, District 2 and Bensenville Community Public Library invite you to participate in the "1,000 Books Before Kindergarten" challenge.
The benefits of reading to young children are priceless, and include developing crucial oral language and print vocabulary, as well as strengthening bonds during those special lap sit times.
A thousand books sounds like a lot, but if all you do is read your child one book every night at bedtime, you will have read 1,000 books before your child turns 3!
And besides being a nice way to spend time together, you will be helping your child get ready for kindergarten!
Stop by the Youth Services Desk at Bensenville Community Public LIbrary to sign up and hear more about the program, including prizes you can earn and recommended titles for reading aloud.
Milestones & Prizes
- 100 Books — Picture on ELC wall milestone tracker and animal mask for pretend play
- 300 Books — Set of 5 finger puppets for storytelling
- 600 Books — Crayons and Notepad set for fine motor skills and creativity
- 1000 Books — Wood puzzle for problem solving
- Click here for the 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten flyers.
Source: Bensenville School District 2