Village of Bloomingdale Village President and Board of Trustees met February 25
Village of Bloomingdale Village President and Board of Trustees met February 25.
Here is the agenda as provided by the board:
Call to Order:
Pledge of Allegiance:
According to §1-6-3 E. of the Bloomingdale Village Code, a period of time at the beginning of each Board Meeting shall be made available for public comments regarding items on the agenda or related to any other Village ordinances, policies or operations, (hereinafter referred to as “Audience Participation”).
Approval of Agenda:
Proclamation: Proclamation Honoring “Black History Month”
Approval of Minutes:
Minutes of the February 11, 2019 Standing Committee of the Whole of the Village President and Village of Bloomingdale Board of Trustees – Absent: None
Minutes of the February 11, 2019 Regular Meeting of the Village President and Village of Bloomingdale Board of Trustees - Absent: None
Motions to Approve Minutes
Committee of the Whole
1) To approve the Bloomingdale Golf Club 2019 Fees and Schedule as presented.
The Village Board discussed the proposed rates for the 2019 season as part of the Golf 5 year forecast presentation at their February 11th Standing Committee of the Whole Meeting.
Finance and Administration
1) To adopt Resolution No.: 2019-R-09: A RESOLUTION TO ENDORSE THE LEGISLATIVE ACTION PROGRAM OF THE DUPAGE MAYORS AND MANAGERS CONFERENCE FOR THE 2019 LEGISLATIVE SESSION.
2) To approve Ordinance No.: 2019-08: AN ORDINANCE AMENDING THE BLOOMINGDALE VILLAGE CODE, AS AMENDED, TITLE 4 (BUSINESS AND LICENSE REGULATIONS); CHAPTER 2 (ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES); SECTION 10 (NUMBER OF LICENSES) TO INCREASE THE NUMBER OF CLASS “D-2” LIQUOR LICENSES, BLOOMINGDALE SAFFRON INC. (D.B.A. SAFFRON RESTAURANT) and to waive the reading thereof and the second consideration.
An Ordinance approving a new liquor license to Saffron Restaurant.
3) To adopt Resolution No.: 2019-R-10: A RESOLUTION AUTHORIZING THE INDUCEMENT OF A DEVELOPER FOR THE PURPOSE OF THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE PROPERTIES COMMONLY REFERRED TO AS STATFORD SQUARE MALL BLOOMINGDALE, ILLINOIS.
To encourage continued economic growth, the Village of Bloomingdale is considering the implementation of a TIF District for the Stratford Square Mall area that will assist with the revitalization of the Mall and outlets surrounding the Mall property. The resolution is a nonbinding document that provides the property owner/developer (FMC Stratford Mall Members LLC) with a small level of comfort that the Village is committed to moving the development forward. The passage of the resolution is the first step in the process and the parties will need to discuss and approve an appropriate incentive package.
1) To adopt Resolution No.: 2019-R-11: A RESOLUTION AUTHORIZING AND APPROVING A POLICE TOWING SERVICES AGREEMENT BETWEEN BLOOMINGDALE RESCUE AND RECOVERY AND THE VILLAGE OF BLOOMINGDALE.
The current Towing Agreement is set to expire on February 28, 2019 and a new agreement is needed to replace it. The resolution would approve the current 5-year Towing Agreement with Bloomingdale Rescue & Recovery, with a minimal increase of $10.00 for initial towing fees, to be extended for the duration of March 2019 through February 29, 2024.
1) To adopt Resolution 2019-R-12: A RESOLUTION AUTHORIZING AND APPROVING AN ENERGY MANAGEMENT AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE VILLAGE OF BLOOMINGDALE, DUPAGE COUNTY, ILLINOIS AND NRG ENERGY, INC.
A resolution to authorize the execution of the Energy Demand Response Program – Energy Curtailment Proposal submitted by NRG Energy Inc. By entering into this agreement, the Village creates the opportunity to generate potential net revenue gain up to an estimate of $77,291.64 over three (3) years based on the measured reductions in electric consumption at the Water Reclamation Facility during a demand response event, with limited initial expenses.
Traffic and Streets
1) To approve Ordinance No.: 2019-09: AN ORDINANCE AUTHORIZING THE SALE OF SURPLUS PERSONAL PROPERTY OWNED BY THE VILLAGE OF BLOOMINGDALE BY AN “ON-LINE” AUCTION SERVICE and to waive the reading thereof and the second consideration.
An ordinance approving the disposal of a magnetic locator.
2) To award the contract for the 2019 (FY19) Spring Tree Planting Program to St. Aubin Nursery of Kirkland, IL in the amount of $35,607.00 pursuant to the unit prices indicated in its bid submitted January 30, 2019.
3) To approve a one year agreement with Kramer Tree Specialists of West Chicago, IL in the amount of $50,490.00 for the FY20 Branch Collection Program.
Action on Consent Agenda
a. Any items to be removed from the Consent Agenda
i. Discussion on removed items
ii. Action on removed items
b. Place items on the Consent Agenda
Motion to Establish and Place Items Presented on Consent Agenda
The Chair will entertain a motion to establish the Consent Agenda for this meeting.
Roll Call Vote
c. Approve Consent Agenda
Motion to Approve the Consent Agenda as Presented
The Chair will entertain a motion to approve items on the Consent Agenda as presented for this meeting.
Roll Call Vote, Mayor’s Vote is Not Called
Finance and Administration
1. Warrant #2 for the Month of February, 2019 - $1,203,490.79
Recommended Motion: I move to approve Warrant #2 for the month of February, 2019 in the amount of $1,203,490.79, as presented.