DuPage County Veterans Assistance Commission met June 21
DuPage County Veterans Assistance Commission met June 21.
Here is the minutes as provided by the commission:
The meeting was called to order at 1900 hours at DuPage County Complex by Barbour with the Pledge of
Allegiance led by Barbour followed by a moment of silence for those departed and those who might be in
Mike Barbour, Joe Craig, Rich Wagner, Syd Bergh, Lewis Delin, Frank Trout and John Schmitt. A quorum
Alternates in attendance: Rich Greenwald and Alan Mendelssohn
VAC staff attending: Steve Fixler and Bernadette Wawczak
President's Opening Remarks: Quad County Stand Down at the DuPage County Fairgrounds, July 12,
looking for new socks, underwear and t-shirts. Bring donations to the Naperville VFW or the Aurora Vet
Welcome. Introduction of guests
Treasurer: As of 20 June 17
Credit Union (500)
Savings - $7744.00
Checking - $887.37
After discussion, it was moved by Wagner and seconded by Bergh that the Treasurer's report be accepted
subject to audit. M/C.
Minutes were read. It was moved by Bergh and seconded by Craig to approve the minutes as read. M/C.
- Budget Status: Budgeted 55.3% Spent 50.4% Under 4.9%
- Budget-Balances attached
- Mayors and Managers Meeting, July 6, Speak about DHVTF
- Quad County Veteran’s Stand Down – July 12, DuPage County Fair Grounds
- Chicago Hosting “Warrior Games” from DOD, June 30 – July 8
- Fund Raiser, “A Country Musical Salute to Veterans”, Nov 11, 1900, Fund raiser goes
to American Legion and VFW
- Quick Books Arrived
Motion was made by Craig and seconded by Wagner to accept Superintendent's report. M/C.
Good of the Commission:
- Vietnam Veterans are in VA Priority Group 6, no income eligibility required.
- The law to change Veteran’s under VA Disability Unemployability status was denied in Congress
Public Comments and Concerns:
Executive Session: Motion - Craig to go into Executive Session, Seconded – Wagner, M/C, 1919
Motion – Craig to adjourn Executive Session, Seconded – Wagner, M/C, 1932
- Motion – Craig, to approved FY ’18 Budget, Seconded – Wagner, Roll Call Vote – Aye – Joe Craig, Rich
Wagner, Syd Bergh, Lewis Delin, Frank Trout and John Schmitt, M/C
- Motion – Bergh, to approved 2% Merit Raise for Bernadette Wawczak, effective September 1, 2017,
Seconded – Wagner, Roll Call Vote – Aye – Joe Craig, Rich Wagner, Syd Bergh, Lewis Delin, Frank Trout
and John Schmitt, M/C
Wednesday, July 19, 2017 at 1900 hrs, at the DuPage County Complex in Wheaton in the cafeteria
Motion was made to adjourn by Schmitt and seconded by Wagner. M/C Meeting adjourned at 1942 hrs.
Organizations in this Story
421 N County Farm Rd
Wheaton, IL - 60187-3978