Village of Bloomingdale President and Board of Trustees met June 26
Village of Bloomingdale President and Board of Trustees met June 26.
Here is the agenda provided by the Board:
Call to Order:
Pledge of Allegiance:
Audience Participation: According to §1-6-3 E. of the Bloomingdale Village Code, a period of time at the beginning of each Board Meeting shall be made available for public comments regarding items on the agenda or related to any other Village ordinances, policies or operations, (hereinafter referred to as “Audience Participation”).
Approval of Agenda:
Approval of Minutes:
Minutes of the June 12, 2017 Public Hearing of the President and Board of Trustees – Absent: none
Minutes of the June 12, 2017 Village Board and Standing Committee of the Whole Meeting of the President and Board of Trustees – Absent: None
Minutes of the June 19, 2017 Standing Committee of the Whole Meeting of the President and Board of Trustees – Absent: Trustee Ackerman
Motions To Approve Minutes
Presentation Of Items From Consent Agenda:
Committee of the Whole
1. To adopt Resolution Number 2017-R-15 – A Resolution Terminating Imrf Participation For Village President And Village Clerk.
2. To adopt Ordinance No. 2017-27 – An Ordinance Amending Title Ii Chapter 0 Of The Village Of Bloomingdale Code Of Ordinances – Public Participation and to waive the reading thereof and the second consideration.
Traffic and Streets
1. To award a contract to the lowest responsive bidder, E.H. Wachs, 600 Knightsbridge Parkway, Lincolnshire, IL 60069 in the amount of $64,375.00 for the purchase of an E.H. Wachs Standard LX Valve Maintenance Trailer pursuant to its bid dated 05/15/2017.
Action On Consent Agenda
a. Any items to be removed from the Consent Agenda
i. Discussion on removed items ii. Action on removed items b. Place items on the Consent Agenda
Motion To Establish And Place Items Presented On Consent Agenda
The Chair will entertain a motion to establish Consent Agenda for this meeting.
Roll Call Vote
c. Approve Consent Agenda
Motion To Approve The Consent Agenda As Presented
The Chair will entertain a motion to approve items on the Consent Agenda as presented for this meeting.
Roll Call Vote, Mayor’s Vote Is Not Called
Committee of The Whole
1. Appointment – Village Engineer
Recommended Motion: I move to approve the appointment of Robert F. Prohaska as Village Engineer beginning June 26, 2017.
Finance & Administration Trustee Bolen
1. DuPage Mayors & Managers Conference (DMMC) – Member Dues & Debt Assessment
Recommended Motion: I move to authorize the Purchase Approval and Invoice to DMMC in the amount of $22,528.79 for Member Dues and Debt Assessment.
2. Village Almanac Consulting Agreement
Recommended Motion: I move to adopt Resolution No. 2017-R- : A Resolution Authorizing And Approving A Village Almanac Consulting Agreement Between Just The Wright Words And The Village of Bloomindale For Village Almanac Editor Services.
3. Creation of Director of Public Safety Position
Recommended Motion: I move to approve Ordinance No. 2017- : An Ordinance Amending Title Vi Chapter 1 Of The Code Of Ordinances For The Village Of Bloomingdale, Dupage County, Il – Police And Public Safety and to waive the reading thereof and the second consideration.
4. Warrant #2 for the Month of June, 2017 - $ 1,713,793.99
Recommended Motion: I move to approve Warrant #2 for the Month of June, 2017 in the amount of $1,713,793.99, as presented.
Monday, July 10, 2017 – Village Board Meeting Monday, July 17, 2017 – Standing Committee of the Whole Meeting Monday, July 24, 2017 – Village Board Meeting Monday, August 14, 2017 – Village Board Meeting
Administrative Staff Reports: Village Administrator, P. Scalera Assistant Administrator, B. E. Weber Village Attorney, M. Castaldo, Jr. Director of Public Works, J. Monkemeyer Human Resources Director, K. Argo Finance Director, G. L. Szott Chief of Police, F. Giammarese Economic & Development Coordinator, S. Gascoigne
Comments From The Public (Agenda Items Only): According to §1-6-3 E. of the Bloomingdale Village Code, a period of time at the end of each meeting shall also be available for public comments regarding items on the agenda only, (hereinafter referred to as “Comments from the Public”).
Recess To Executive Session:
❖ Review of Executive Session Minutes - 5 ILCS 120/2(c)(21)
Committee Of The Whole
1. Approval of Executive Session Minutes for Content
Recommended Motion: I move to approve the Executive Session Meeting minutes for content.
2. A Resolution Authorizing the Release of Executive Session Meeting Minutes
Recommended Motion: I move to adopt Resolution No. 2017-R-____: A Resolution Authorizing The Release Of Executive Session Meeting Minutes.
3. A Resolution Concerning the Destruction of Audio Recordings of Closed Meeting Sessions
Recommended Motion: I move to adopt Resolution No. 2017-R-____: A Resolution Authorizing The Destruction Of Audio Recordings Of Closed Meeting Sessions.
Organizations in this Story
201 S Bloomingdale Rd
Bloomingdale, IL - 60108