Village of Glen Ellyn Village Board met June 26.
Village of Glen Ellyn Village Board met June 26.
Here is the agenda provided by the Board:
A. Call to Order
B. Pledge of Allegiance
C. Roll Call
D. Village Recognition: (Village Clerk)
1. The Village Board and Management Team extend its best wishes to Lisa Ebergeny of
the Finance Department on her retirement and thank her for her service.
E. Audience Participation
1. 2016 Historic Preservation Annual Awards
Members of the public are welcome to speak to any item not specifically listed on tonight’s agenda for up to three minutes. For those items which are on tonight’s agenda, the public will have the opportunity to comment at the time the item is discussed. In either case, please complete the Audience Participation form and turn it in to the Village Clerk. It is requested that, if possible, one spokesman for a group be appointed to present the views of the entire group. Speakers who are recognized are requested to step to a microphone and state their name, address and the group they are representing prior to addressing the Village Board.
F. Consent Agenda - The following items are considered routine business by the Village Board and will be approved in a single vote in the form listed below:
Motion to approve the following items including Payroll and Vouchers totaling $2,075,039.55: (Trustee Enright)
1. June 5, 2017 Special Village Board Workshop Minutes.
2. June 12, 2017 Special Village Board Workshop Minutes.
3. June 12, 2017 Special Village Board Meeting Minutes.
4. Total Expenditures (Payroll and Vouchers) - $2,075,039.55. The vouchers have been reviewed by Trustee Enright and Manager Franz prior to this meeting, and are consistent with the Village's purchasing policy.
5. Ordinance No. 6510, An Ordinance of the Village of Glen Ellyn, DuPage County, Illinois, Ascertaining the Prevailing Rate of Wages for Laborers, Workers, and Mechanics Employed by Contractors Performing Public Works for the Village. (Village Attorney Mathews)
6. Ordinance No. 6511-VC, An Ordinance to Amend Chapter 19 of Title 3 (Liquor Control Code) Section 11 (Classification of Licenses) Class O (Public Community College) of the Village Code. (Village Attorney Mathews)
7. Waive competitive bidding and authorize the Village Manager to execute a contract with Corrective Asphalt Materials, LLC, of South Roxana, Illinois, in the amount of $25,000, for the 2017 Asphalt Surface Rejuvenation project to be expensed to the Capital Projects Fund. (Public Works Director Hansen)
8. Waive competitive bidding and authorize the Village Manager to execute a contract with Superior Road Striping Inc., of Melrose Park, Illinois, in the amount of $60,000, for the 2017 Pavement Line Striping project to be expensed to the General and Parking Funds. (Public Works Director Hansen)
9. Authorize the Village Manager to execute a contract with Mondi Construction Inc., of West Chicago, Illinois, in the amount of $214,500 (including 7% contingency), for the 2017 Sidewalk and Concrete Street Repair Program, to be expensed to the Capital Projects, Water, and Sanitary Sewer Funds. (Public Works Director Hansen)
10. Approve and authorize the Village Manager to execute a contract for the upgrade of Newton Motor Control Center (MCC) to Allen Integrated Control Systems, of East Troy, Wisconsin, in an amount not to exceed $23,655.00, to be expensed to the Water & Sewer Fund. (Public Works Director Hansen)
11. Approve and authorize the Village Manager to execute the award of a contract in partnership with DuPage County Procurement Services, which is an authorized exception in the purchasing policy of the Municipal Code, to Detroit Salt Company LLC of Detroit, Michigan, for the purchase of 1,440 to 2,340 tons of bulk rock salt, in an amount not to exceed $120,500, to be expensed to the Motor Fuel Tax Fund, and for the purchase of 340 tons of emergency bulk rock salt, if needed, in an amount not to exceed $19,500, to be expensed to the Motor Fuel Tax Fund. (Public Works Director Hansen)
12. Approve and authorize the Village Manager to execute an agreement with James J. Benes and Associates, of Lisle, Illinois, in an amount not to exceed $45,276, for Detailed Design Engineering of a 3/4 Access Intersection at Roosevelt and Pershing, to be expensed to the Capital Projects Fund. (Public Works Director Hansen)
G. 675 Revere Road Variation Request: (Presented by Building and Zoning Official Witt) (Trustee Senak)
1. Ordinance No. 6512, An Ordinance Denying a Variation from the Side Yard Setback Requirements of the Zoning Code to Allow a Two-Story Addition on a Residence on the Property Located at 675 Revere Road.
H. Residential Refuse and Recycling Program: (Presented by Assistant Village Manager Stonitsch) (Trustee Pryde)
1. Approve and Authorize the Village Manager to Execute a Contract for Refuse and Recycling Services
I. Memorandum of Understanding with College of DuPage: (Presented by Village Manager Franz) (Trustee Kenwood)
1. Approve and authorize the Village Manager to execute a Memorandum of Understanding with College of DuPage enter into a contract with Dewberry for design services associated with renovation of 8500 sq/ft. of the Civic Center, to be reimbursed by College of DuPage, in a total cost not to exceed $24,000.
J. Wireless Communications Sites: (Presented by Village Attorney Mathews) (Trustee Ladesic)
1. Ordinance No. 6494-VC, An Ordinance Amending Chapter 6 (Construction of Utility Facilities in Rights-of-Way) of Title 8 (Public Ways and Property) and Chapter 7 (Officers and Employees) of Title 1 (Administrative) of the Village Code to Regulate the Installation of Wireless Communications Sites Constructed Within the Public Right-of-Way.
K. 2016 Comprehensive Annual Financial Report: (Presented by Finance Director Coyle) (Trustee Fasules)
1. Motion to accept the Village's Comprehensive Annual Financial Report for the Fiscal Year Ended December 31, 2016.
1. A Village Board Workshop is scheduled for Monday, July 17, 2017 at 7:00PM in Room 301 of the Glen Ellyn Civic Center.
2. A Village Board Meeting is scheduled for Monday, July 24, 2017 at 7:00PM in the Galligan Board Room of the Glen Ellyn Civic Center.
M. Other Business
Organizations in this Story
535 Duane St
Glen Ellyn, IL - 60137