Village of Villa Park Committee of the Whole met May 22.
Village of Villa Park Committee of the Whole met May 22.
Here is the agenda provided by the Committee:
Village President Albert Bulthuis
Village Clerk Hosanna Korynecky
Village Trustee Chris J. Aiello
Village Trustee Nick Cuzzone
Village Trustee Donald Kase
Village Trustee Cheryl Tucker
Village Trustee Robert Wagner
Village Trustee (Vacancy)
1. Call to Order – Roll Call
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Amendments of the Agenda
4. Proclamation Recognizing Historical Preservation Month and Presentation of Historical Preservation Awards
5. Proclamation Recognizing National Boating Week
6. Recognition of Senior of the Year by the Senior Concerns Commission
7. Discussion of Oktoberfest
On an annual basis, the Village sponsors and/or supports various events including, among others, the July 4th parade, Summerfest, Oktoberfest, Brewfest, and Joyful Traditions. This year, School District 45 Foundation for Excellence is planning to hold an event entitled “45Fest” which would raise funds to support the enrichment of educational opportunities for their students. This fun filled community-wide event is scheduled to occur on October 13, 14, and 15, 2017 and is expected to be comprised of carnival rides, a beer tent, music, and vendors. This event is very similar to Oktoberfest and will occur within three to four weeks of the Village’s Oktoberfest event. Staff is concerned that the close timing of the two events will strain community-wide participation either financially or in attendance.
After careful consideration, staff is recommending canceling Oktoberfest and allowing our community to support and focus upon the School District 45 Foundation for Excellence event, which would raise funds in support of their students.
If Oktoberfest were to be canceled our Lions Club would lose a fundraising opportunity during the event. To ensure our Lions Club does not lose their fund raising opportunity staff proposes that they work with our Summerfest volunteers at the beer tent to earn and split the beer sales proceeds with the Village. Moving into the future, our Lions Club would assist annually with the Summerfest event with the beer tent activities.
Staff is seeking direction from the President and Board of Trustees to proceed or to cancel Oktoberfest for October 2017.
8. Consider a Resolution of the Village of Villa Park, DuPage County, Illinois, Approving the Purchase of Six (6) Mobile Data Terminal (MDT) computers and Eight (8) Havis Docking Stations and Antennas for the Fire Department Ambulances and Fire Automobiles. These MDTs will be Purchased Through the State of Illinois Joint Purchasing Program for Local Governmental Agencies in the Amount of $25,740
Currently Fire Department ambulances and automobiles have Mobile Data Terminals that are outdated, running on Windows XP, which is no longer supported and is not capable of running our updated dispatch and law enforcement related programs. Staff recommends the purchase of six (6) Panasonic Semi-Rugged Toughbook Model CF-54 computers and eight (8) Havis Docking Stations and antennas to replace the aging and outdated units. Funds for this purchase will be taken from the Equipment Replacement account number 65.502.02.402 for a total cost of $25,740.
9. Consider a Resolution of the Village of Villa Park, DuPage County, Illinois, Approving Change Order #1 for a CityView Contract Amendment Regarding Permitting and Inspections in the Amount of $24,750
Staff has been working with Harris Computer Software on implementing the Permitting and Inspections module of their software. Due to the complexity of the permitting process, the original contract did not allocate sufficient time to configure the new Permitting and Inspections module, nor did it include sufficient time for conversion of historical data. Village Staff proposes Change Order #1 from Harris Software in the amount of $24,750 to complete this process. Funds for this purchase will be taken from the Equipment Replacement, Water Supply, and Wastewater Supply account numbers 65.502.02.402, 82.502.01.401 and 83.502.01.401, respectively.
10. Consider a Resolution of the Village of Villa Park, DuPage County, Illinois, Approving the Illinois Green Infrastructure Grant with the Illinois Environmental Protection Agency for the South Monterey Stormwater Quality Improvements
The Village of Villa Park was previously awarded an Illinois Green Infrastructure Grant (IGIG) in the amount of $55,950 to cover 75% of the Village’s expenses for stormwater quality improvements within the 600 and 700 block of South Monterey Avenue. Due to the state’s budget impasse IGIG funding had been temporarily suspended. Now the funding has been reinstated and a new grant agreement is needed.
11. Consider a Resolution of the Village of Villa Park, DuPage County, Illinois, Approving the Purchase of the Property at 546 S. Euclid
The Village will be receiving grant funding through a Community Development Block Grant – Disaster Recovery (CDBG-DR) to acquire the property located at 546 South Euclid and to demolish the house. A resolution approving the Purchase and Sale Agreement must be approved before the Village can purchase the property from the current owners.
12. Consider a Resolution of the Village of Villa Park, DuPage County, Illinois, for Maintenance Under the Illinois Highway Code
The Village annually transfers a portion of its Motor Fuel Tax (MFT) allotment from the State of Illinois to the Corporate Fund to defray expenses associated with street maintenance, snow removal, streetlight and traffic control energy, and traffic control maintenance. A resolution is required to authorize the transfer of MFT funds. This resolution is for the 2017- 2018 Fiscal Year. The budget account for the transfer is 32.502.02.710 and the amount to be transferred is $527,500.
13. Consider a Resolution of the Village of Villa Park, DuPage County, Illinois, Approving Bids for the 2017 Street Improvement Project
The 2017 Street Improvement Project will consist of street improvements at various locations throughout the Village, improvements to two parking lots, and an alternate item to extend Belden Avenue east of Harvard Avenue. The project was publicly bid with nine contractors submitting bids. Staff recommends awarding a contract to Orange Crush of Hillside, Illinois in the amount of $2,022,000. Funding sources include the Street Improvement Fund (referendum and non-referendum), Water, and Waste Water funds.
14. Consider a Resolution of the Village of Villa Park, DuPage County, Illinois, Authorizing Change Order #1 to the Contract between the Village of Villa Park and Orange Crush, LLC, for the 2017 South Michigan Avenue Improvement Project (Park to Madison)
The Village has a contract with Orange Crush, LLC, of Hillside, Illinois, for the 2017 South Michigan Avenue Improvement Project (Park to Madison). During construction it was determined that approximately 450 feet of existing water main in the block of South Michigan Avenue between Madison and Washington is located at very shallow depths. Proposed Change Order #1 consists of additional pay items and quantities as needed to replace the 450 feet of shallow water main at a lower depth. The net amount of proposed Change Order #1 is an addition of $101,380, for an adjusted contract amount of $1,709,380.
15. Consider a Resolution of the Village of Villa Park, DuPage County, Illinois, for Change Order #2 (Final) to the E. Park Boulevard Improvement Project
The Village has a contract with A Lamp Concrete Contractors Inc., of Schaumburg, Illinois, for the 2016 East Park Boulevard Improvement Project. Proposed final Change Order #2 consists of the final balancing of contract quantities as measured in the field. The net amount of proposed final Change Order #2 is a deduction of $69,729.35, for an adjusted final contract amount of $1,352,517.31.
16. Consider an Ordinance of the Village of Villa Park, DuPage County, Illinois, for a Stormwater Variance at 1000 N. Villa
International Carrier Enterprises Inc., located at 1000 North Villa Avenue, proposes to construct a parking lot adjacent to their existing building. Stormwater detention associated with new construction is required. The developer proposes to provide partial stormwater detention and pay a fee-in-lieu for the remainder. The fee-in-lieu in the amount of $70,659.76 will be deposited into the stormwater account and can only be used in the future for stormwater improvements within the watershed. The Village’s Stormwater Oversite Committee held a public hearing on the variance and recommended adoption of the ordinance.
17. Consider an Ordinance Authorizing the Issuance of General Obligation Bonds (Sales Tax Alternate Revenue Source), Series 2017B of the Village of Villa Park, DuPage County, Illinois, in the Aggregate Principal Amount of Not to Exceed $2,000,000 for Certain Public Infrastructure Projects, Including, but Not Limited to, Stormwater Drainage Improvements in Connection with the Jackson Pond Improvement Project and a Portion of the Michigan Avenue Improvement Project (Madison Street to Jackson Street) Within the Village
With the passage of the Library Bond and Village 0.5% non-home rule sales tax referenda in April, 2017, it is now time to begin issuing bonds. This Authorizing Ordinance will start the process for issuing alternate revenue bonds for Stormwater improvements. We are planning to have the Bond Issue Notification Act hearing on June 12, final bond ordinance adoption on July 10, with closing on August 1. We have engaged the entire bond team: Speer Financial as Village Financial Advisors, Miller Canfield as Bond Counsel, and George K. Baum as underwriters. The bond team has been working with Village and Library staff to plan a successful bond sale.
18. Consider an Ordinance of the Village of Villa Park, DuPage County, Illinois, Providing a Fee Structure for Driveway Permits
Village staff reviewed residential driveway permit fees and found them to be higher than fees in neighboring communities. Staff recommends a new lower priced fee structure for residential driveways. An ordinance change to Sections 7-202, 18-104 (c), 21-223, and Appendix D of the Municipal Code would be needed.
19. Consider an Ordinance of the Village of Villa Park, DuPage County, Illinois, to Modify the One-Way Traffic Restriction on Stone Road from Third Avenue to Addison Road
The development plan for a new carwash at 780 North Addison Road calls for two-way traffic on Stone Road between Third Avenue and Addison Road. A traffic study concluded that it was possible to permit two-way traffic on this section of Stone Road. Both Village Staff and the Traffic and Safety Commission have reviewed the proposed changes. To implement the change an amendment to section 14-105(a): One-Way Streets of the Villa Park Municipal Code is needed.
20. Consider an Ordinance of the Village of Villa Park, DuPage County, Illinois, Amending the Number of K-1 Liquor Licenses within the Village
Currently there are two K-1 Liquor Licenses. One is being used by a business, the other is not. Staff recommends that section 3-313(a) of the Village Code be modified to reflect a decrease of Class K-1 liquor licenses from two (2) to one (1), reflecting the current usage.
21. Convene to Formal Agenda
Organizations in this Story