Batavia Bicycle Commission discusses plans for WellBatavia wellness fair
Batavia Bicycle Commission met March 14.
The Batavia Bicycle Commission helps develop legislation that supports bicycling and advocates for bicycling and pedestrian-related issues in the city. It also acts as a resource for city government as it implements the Batavia Bicycle Plan and its future growth.
Here is the agenda as provided by Batavia:
CITY OF BATAVIA
Batavia Bicycle Commission Meeting
100 N. Island Ave., Batavia, IL 60510
(630) 454-2000 http://www.cityofbatavia.net
Monday, March 14, 2017
7:00 p.m. –AGENDA
1. Roll Call
2. Approve Minutes
3. Items Removed/Added /Changed
4. Guest: Anika Allen, from the National Psoriasis Foundation: charity cycle event that I am planning nearby for the National Psoriasis Foundation.
Cycling & Endurance Events Coordinator
5. Lucy Thelin Atac will be our guest to discuss her vision for a Batavia walking/bike path that extends from Nelson Lake to Fermi, connecting all the public schools.
6. Bicycle Friendly Batavia Business program
• I would like to simplify the BFBB application/process by reducing the recommendations. Please mark your top 10.
• I’m hoping to roll out updated program in May.
7. WellBatavia on Saturday, June 3 - health and wellness fair designed to showcase the health, wellness, and fitness resources our community has to offer. It will promote healthy living by directly increasing the health literacy of our community on an individual level with screenings, presentations and access to vendors. The event will host 5 distinct “villages,” highlighting the following areas – prevention, healthy practice, alternative medicine, healthy world and fitness
• 7:30am – Race to the Market 5K (registration at www.downtownbatavia.com)
• 8:00am-12:00pm – First Farmers Market of the summer
• 8:30am-2:00pm – WellBatavia (I have registered the BBC for a booth in the fitness
village but we need volunteers to staff it. Anyone?)
8. One Washington Place
• The sidewalk along the Larson-Becker property may be closed during building demolition/construction of the parking lot. I’ve asked about possibly getting some bike racks installed in the new parking lot.
• The footbridge will remain open during demolition and construction.
• State Street will be open during the demolition of Larson-Becker but will be closed once One Washington Place begins construction (mid July?)
• Ideas for a promoting bicycling this summer due to construction?
9. Bike Ed Week- Need to set up appointment with Chris Milka
10. Sidewalk by The Holmstad
Organizations in this Story
100 North Island Avenue
Batavia, IL - 60510