St. Charles City Council swears in new firefighter
St. Charles City Council met Tuesday, Jan. 17.
The St. Charles City Council includes two aldermen from each of the city’s five wards, along with the city clerk and treasurer, who serve as at-large members. The council meets at 7 p.m. on the first and third Monday of every month at 7 p.m. in the City Council Chambers, 2 E. Main St.
Here is the agenda as provided by St. Charles:
AGENDA ST. CHARLES CITY COUNCIL MEETING RAYMOND P. ROGINA, MAYOR
TUESDAY, JANUARY 17, 2017 – 7:00 P.M. CITY COUNCIL CHAMBERS 2 E. MAIN STREET
1. Call to Order.
2. Roll Call.
4. Pledge of Allegiance.
• Swearing in of Firefighter Andrew Kidd to the St. Charles Fire Department.
• Presentation of the 2016 Downtown St. Charles Partnership Electric Parade Winners:
Best of Show St. Charles Fire Department Non-Profit 1st Place – STCE Girls Basketball 2nd Place (3 way tie) – Bridges, Marquee Youth Stage, St. Charles Swim Team Business 1st Place – Fox River Harley Davidson 2nd Place – Inside Out 3rd Place – Blue Goose Children’s 1st Place – Cub Scout Pack #146 2nd Place – Elite Dance Academy 3rd Place – Cub Scout Pack #260
6. Omnibus Vote. Items with an asterisk (*) are considered to be routine matters and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion on these items unless a council member/citizen so requests, in which event the item will be removed from the consent agenda and considered in normal sequence on the agenda.
*7. Motion to accept and place on file minutes of the regular City Council meeting held January 3, 2017.
*8. Motion to approve and authorize issuance of vouchers from the Expenditure Approval List for the period of 12/19/2016– 1/1/2017 the amount of $2,418,035.62.
I. New Business
A. Motion to authorize the City Administrator to Execute a License Agreement with the Greater St. Charles Convention and Visitors Bureau (CVB).
II. Committee Reports
A. Government Operations *1. Motion to approve a Resolution Abating a Portion of the Tax Heretofore Levied for the City of St. Charles, Kane, and DuPage Counties, Illinois. *2. Motion to approve the purchase of a Ferno INX Inline Cot and Inline Fastener System as approved by the Tri City Ambulance Board. *3. Motion to approve an Ordinance Authorizing the Disposal of Surplus Personal Property Owned by the Tri City Ambulance Association. *4. Motion to approve and accept minutes of the January 3, 2017 Government Operation Committee meeting.
B. Government Services
1. Motion to approve a Resolution Authorizing the Mayor and City Clerk of the City of St. Charles to approve the Release of the Interest of the City of St. Charles in the Walkway Easement in Fox Glade P.U.D. Subdivision, Unit 1.
C. Planning and Development *1. Motion to approve and execute an Acceptance Resolution for Public Sanitary Sewer Located at 2425 W. Main Street (Buona).
D. Executive Session
• Personnel –5 ILCS 120/2(c)(1)
• Pending Litigation – 5 ILCS 120/2(c)(11)
• Probable or Imminent Litigation – 5 ILCS 120/2(c)(11)
• Property Acquisition – 5 ILCS 120/2(c)(5)
• Collective Bargaining – 5 ILCS 120/2(c)(2)
• Review of Executive Session Minutes – 5 ILCS 120/2(c)(21)
9. Additional Items from Mayor, Council, Staff, or Citizens
Organizations in this Story
2 E. Main St.
St Charles, IL - 60174