Naperville City Council met Jan. 17.
Naperville City Council met Jan. 17.
Here is the agenda as provided by the Council:
A. Call to order:
B. Roll call:
C. Closed session - 5:00 p.m.
Open session - 7:00 p.m.
D. Roll call:
E. Pledge to the flag:
F. Wards and recognition:
G. Public forum:
H. Consideration of motion to use omnibus method for remaining items:
Illinois municipalities may adopt a group of assorted ordinances, resolutions, motions, and orders by a single roll call vote called an Omnibus Vote. The Omnibus Vote shall be taken following the unanimous consent by the City Council as to the items to be included in the vote. There will be no separate discussion on these items unless a Council member or citizen so requests. In that event, the item will be removed from the Omnibus Vote and considered in its normal sequence on the Agenda.
I. Consent agenda:
1. Approve the 12/07/2016 thru 12/28/2016 Cash Disbursements in the amount of $35,536,961.71.
2. Approve the Regular City Council Meeting Minutes of December 20, 2016.
3. Approve the Award of Change Order #1 to the Second Two Year Extension of Contract 09-144, bill, print and mail to A B Data Inc. for an amount not to exceed $247,000 and a total award of $1,059,000 for an additional 8 months.
4. Approve the Award of Option Year One to Contract 16-118, Tree Trimming, Tree Removal and Disposal of Debris to Asplundh Tree Experts Company for an amount not to exceed $571,000.
5. Approve the Award of Change Order #1 to Contract 16-259, Actuarial Services to Foster & Foster Inc. for an amount not to exceed $14,000 and a total award of $106,682.
6. Approve the Award of RFP 16-353, Consulting Engineering Services for Soils and Materials Testing to Midland Standard Engineering for an amount not to exceed $240,000 ($120,000 per year) for a 23-month term.
7. Approve the Route for the Naperville Half Marathon and 5K Run schedule for Sunday, October 22, 2017.
8. Approve Mayoral Appointments of A. Rae Elegant and Michael Heyden to the Advisory Commission on Disabilities; Daniel Bully to the Public Utilities Board; and Vasavi Chakka to the Sister Cities Commission.
9. Approve Mayoral Reappointments of Sheri Baumgartner and Barbara Stark to the Advisory Commission on Disabilities.
10. Accept the Public Underground, Street and Street Light Improvements at 114 E. Van Buren Avenue, Ashwood Park North – Phase 3, Unit 3 and Cleander Farm Subdivision and Authorize the City Clerk to reduce the corresponding public improvement surety.
11. Adopt the Resolution Authorizing the Execution of a Collective Bargaining
Agreement between the City of Naperville and the Illinois F.O.P. Labor Council - Telecommunicators.
12. Adopt the Resolution Authorizing the Execution of a Collective Bargaining Agreement between the City of Naperville and I.U.O.E. Local 150-Field Supervisors.
13. Adopt the Resolution Authorizing the Execution of a Collective Bargaining Agreement between the City of Naperville and I.A.F.F. Local #4302.
14. Pass an Ordinance Approving a Variance from Section 5-4-5:2.4 (Commercial Signs: Monument Sign Height) to permit a monument sign that exceeds 10 feet in height at the subject property located at 2212 Ferry Road, Naperville, PZC 16-1-135.
15. Pass an Ordinance Approving a Variance to Section 6-6A-7 (R1A: Yard Requirements) to reduce the required front and corner side yards on the subject property in order to construct a garage and front porch addition at the subject property located at 606 Melody Lane, Naperville. PZC 16-1-139.
16. Pass an Ordinance Approving the Preliminary/Final Plat of Subdivision for 40 E. Jefferson Avenue Resubdivision.
17. Pass an Amendment to Ordinance 14-050 for a Parking Variance from Section 6-9-3 (Schedule of Off-Street Parking Requirements) of the Naperville Municipal Code to increase the allowable restaurant square footage at 1550 N. Route 59 (Pebblewood Plaza). PZC 16-1-143.
18. Amendment of Parking Restrictions on Muirhead Avenue:
a. Waive the first reading (requires six (6) positive votes) and pass an Ordinance to amend the parking restrictions on Muirhead Avenue from a point 80’ west of Hyde Park Lane to a point 80’ east of Chelsea Lane; and
b. Waive the first reading and pass an Ordinance to establish a No Parking Zone on Muirhead Avenue from a point 200’ west of the centerline of Chelsea Lane to a point 80’ east of the centerline of Chelsea Lane from 7:45 to 8:15 am and 2:15 to 2:45 pm; Monday through Friday. (Waiving the first reading requires six (6) positive votes)
19. Receive the report regarding the status of the third revised proposed Intergovernmental Agreement for shared services between the City of Naperville and the Naperville Township Road District.
J. Public hearings:
1. Open the public hearing to consider the Annexation Agreement for the Subject Property located at the southwest corner of 95th Street and 248th Avenue (AKA Ashwood Crossing), PZC 16-1-141:
a. Open the Public Hearing to Consider the Annexation Agreement for the Subject Property located at the Southwest Corner of 95th Street and 248th Avenue (AKA Ashwood Crossing), and Continue the Public Hearing to February 21, 2017; and
b. Open the Public Hearing to Consider Vacating a Portion of Wolf’s Crossing Road Right-of-way and a Portion of Trumpet Avenue Right-ofway, and Continue the Public Hearing to February 21, 2017.
K. Old business:
L. Ordinances and resolutions:
1. Pass an Ordinance amending Chapter 4 (Street Graphics Control Ordinance) of Title 5 (Building Regulations) and updating Title 6 (Zoning Ordinance) to include the addition of Chapter 16 (Sign Code). (PZC 16-1-155)
2. Adopt the Resolution of Official Intent for Reimbursement of Capital Projects
M. Award of bids and other items of expenditures:
N. Petitions and communications:
O. Report and recommendations:
P. New business
Organizations in this Story
400 S. Eagle St.
Naperville, IL - 60540