Naperville City Council to consider single-family development
Naperville City Council will meet at 6 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 16.
Here is the agenda as provided by Naperville:
NAPERVILLE CITY COUNCIL MEETING
COUNCIL CHAMBERS – MUNICIPAL CENTER
6:00 p.m. - CLOSED SESSION
7:00 PM – OPEN SESSION FOR PUBLIC
A. CALL TO ORDER:
B. ROLL CALL:
C. CLOSED SESSION - 6:00 p.m.
OPEN SESSION - 7:00 p.m.
D. ROLL CALL:
E. PLEDGE TO THE FLAG:
F. AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS:
G. PUBLIC FORUM:
H. CONSIDERATION OF MOTION TO USE OMNIBUS METHOD FOR REMAINING ITEMS:
Illinois municipalities may adopt a group of assorted ordinances, resolutions, motions, and orders by a single roll call vote called an Omnibus Vote. The Omnibus Vote shall be taken following the unanimous consent by the City Council as to the items to be included in the vote. There will be no separate discussion on these items unless a Council member or citizen so requests. In that event, the item will be removed from the Omnibus Vote and considered in its normal sequence on the Agenda.
I. CONSENT AGENDA:
1. Approve the 07/06/2016 thru 07/27/2016 Cash Disbursements in the amount of $26,341,843.37.
2. Approve the Regular City Council Meeting Minutes of July 19, 2016.
3. Approve the Award of Change Order #1 to Contract 16-211, 2016 Parking Lot and Multi-Use Path Maintenance Program, to Denler Inc. for an amount not to exceed $47,421.40, and a total contract award of $453,399.40.
4. Approve the Award of RFP 16-260, Contract Meter Reading Services for Water, to Alexander's Inc., for an amount not to exceed $811,200 for a two year contract term.
5. Continue discussion regarding the petitioner's request for a pre-annexation agreement for the property located at 9S065, 9S080, and 9S081 Route 59 to the September 20, 2016 City Council meeting.
6. Adopt a resolution authorizing the City Manager to execute the Intergovernmental Agreement between the City of Naperville and DuPage County for Vacuum Truck Waste.
7. Pass the ordinance to establish temporary street closures and parking restrictions for the September 11th Ceremony and issue a Special Event permit for the event to be held on Sunday, September 11, 2016.
8. Pass the ordinance establishing temporary traffic controls and issue a Special Event Permit for the 2016 Riverwalk Fine Art Fair, scheduled for September 17-18, 2016.
9. Pass the ordinance to establish temporary traffic controls, issue a special event permit and amplifier permit, for the 2016 Last Fling, the Labor Day Parade, the Rooster 5K, the Fling Mile, and the NCAA Women's Triathlon scheduled for September 2-5, 2016.
10. Pass the ordinance approving the rezoning of the Naperville South 40, approximately 22.19 acres located at the southeast corner of Route 59 and 103rd Street from R1 (Low Density Single-Family Residence District) with a conditional use for civic uses to B2 (Community Shopping Center District), PZC 16-1-090.
11. Pass the ordinance amending Section 6-1-6 (Definitions), Section 6-7C-2 (B3:Permitted Uses), 6-7C-3 (B3: Conditional Uses), 6-7C-4 (Required Conditions), and other applicable sections, for the B3 district - PZC 16-1-081.
12. Pass the ordinance approving variances from Section 5-4-5:2.1 (Commercial Signs: Monument Signs: Permitted Monument Signage) and Section 5-4-5:2.6 (Commercial Signs: Monument Signs: Setback) to allow a monument sign at Childtime, located at 2015 W. 95th Street, Naperville, PZC 16-1-086.
13. Accept the public street light improvements in Mayfair Phase 1, Mayfair Phase 2, Units 1 & 2, the public underground and street at 1148 Tuthill Road (Lot 1 Henderson’s Resubdivision), the public underground at Reggi’s Resubdivision and the public underground and street lights at Park’s Edge Subdivision and authorize the City Clerk to reduce the corresponding public improvement surety.
14. Advisory Commission on Disabilities:
a. Waive the first reading and approve the ordinance modifying the Naperville Municipal Code related to the purpose, powers and duties of the Advisory Commission on Disabilities (Waive first reading requires six (6) positive votes); and
b. Accept the recommendation of the ACD to establish an Accessible Community Task Force.
15. Pass the ordinance approving a variance to Section 6-2-3 (Yard Requirements) of the Naperville Municipal Code to permit air conditioning equipment in the required interior side yard at the subject property located at 625 N. Eagle Street, PZC 16-1-095.
16. Pass the ordinance approving the Final Subdivision Plat for Bauer Place Phase 1 and Owner's Acknowledgement and Acceptance Agreement for Bauer Place Phase 1 and Phase 2.
17. Pass the ordinance approving the Preliminary/Final Plat of Subdivision for Bauer Place Phase 2 and Owner's Acknowledgement and Acceptance for Bauer Place Phase 1 and Phase 2.
18. Waive the first reading and pass the ordinance to establish a neighborhood 25 MPH speed limit for the Paddocks Subdivision. (Waive first reading requires six (6) positive votes)
19. Adopt the Resolution authorizing the City Manager to enter into license agreements for the installation of small cell antennae and ancillary equipment on seven City-owned light poles.
20. Pass the ordinance approving a variance from Section 6-9-3 (Schedule of Off-Street Parking Requirements) of the Municipal Code to reduce the number of required off-street parking spaces for the property located at 1120 S. Route 59, PZC 16-1-092.
21. Waive the first reading and pass the Ordinance amending Chapter 12 (Municipal Motor Fuel Tax) of Title 3 (Business and License Regulations) of the Naperville Municipal Code regarding the allocation of local motor fuel tax funds. (Waive first reading requires six (6) positive votes).
22. Receive the report regarding the status of the third revised proposed intergovernmental agreement for shared services between the City of Naperville and the Naperville Township Road District.
1. Annexation of 7s771 Olesen Drive, PZC 16-1-071:
a. Conduct the public hearing to consider the Annexation Agreement for the Subject Property located at 7s771 Olesen Drive;
b. Pass the ordinance authorizing execution of the Annexation Agreement (approval requires six (6) positive votes);
c. Pass the ordinance annexing the Subject Property located 7s771 Olesen Drive;
d. Pass the ordinance rezoning the Subject Property to R1A (Low Density Single-Family Residence District) upon annexation; and
e. Pass the ordinance approving variances from Municipal Code Section 6-2-4 (Building Height and Bulk), Section 6-6A-8 (R1A: Height Limitations/Bulk Regulations) and Section 6-2-26 (Tear Down/Infill Regulations) in order to construct a single-family home that exceeds the maximum height and number of stories as measured from the datum point on the subject property.
K. OLD BUSINESS:
L. ORDINANCES AND RESOLUTIONS:
1. Conduct the first reading regarding an amendment to Section 6-14-4.1 (Performance Standards: Noise) of the Naperville Municipal Code pertaining to the hours permitted for the maintenance of grounds, including mowing and other landscaping activities, on residentially zoned property.
2. Charleston Row Homes, located at the southeast corner of Aurora Avenue and Webster Street, PZC 16-1-059:
a. Pass the ordinance approving the Preliminary Plat of Subdivision for Charleston Row Homes (simple majority);
b. Pass the ordinance approving a conditional use to allow for the development of 6 single-family attached dwellings (simple majority); and
c. Pass the ordinance approving a variance to Section 6-6C-8 of the Naperville Municipal Code to allow the proposed units to be 3.5 stories instead of 3 stories in height (simple majority).
3. Sedgwick Subdivision, located at the southwest corner of Ogden Avenue and Shandrew Drive, PZC 16-1-063:
a. Pass the ordinance rezoning the Subject Property to R3 (Medium Density Multiple-Family Residence District). (simple majority)
b. Pass the ordinance approving a conditional use to establish a planned unit development (PUD) for Sedgwick, a preliminary PUD plat, and deviations to: Section 6-6D-7.1 (front yard setback) for Lots 11 of 12; Section 6-2-18.104.22.168 (patios/decks); and, Section 6-6D-5 of the Naperville Municipal Code (lot size);
c. Pass the ordinance approving a Preliminary Plat of Subdivision for Sedgwick and a variance to Section 7-3-5:5 (Dedication of Park Lands and School Sites);
d. Concur with the PZC and the Petitioner and pass the ordinance approving variances from Section 5-4-8 of the Naperville Municipal Code pertaining to development signage; or concur with staff and amend the ordinance approving variances from Section 5-4-8 of the Naperville Municipal Code to only approve the requested height and northeastern monument sign location variances.
4. Conduct the first reading of the ordinance amending Section 3-3-13:7.2 of the Naperville Municipal Code setting the limit of available late night permits located in the Downtown at twenty-four (24).
5. Pass the ordinance approving a temporary lease agreement for outdoor seating for Sullivan’s Steakhouse.
6. Pass the ordinance approving a lease for a portion of the City’s right-of-way located on Webster Street to Water Street Property Owner, LLC. (Approval requires seven (7) positive votes)
7. Conduct the first reading of an ordinance repealing and replacing Chapter 3 (Liquor and Tobacco Control) of Title 3 (Business and License Regulations) of the Naperville Municipal Code.
8. Pass the ordinance approving an amendment to Section 6-2-15 (Boarding Facilities) of the Naperville Municipal Code pertaining to lease and additional requirements for boarding facilities, shared homes, and related uses, PZC 16-1-080.
9. Conditional Use for property located at 2816 Hassert Boulevard and Route 59 & Hassert Boulevard, PZC 16-1-014:
a. Pass the ordinance approving a conditional use for a daycare facility on the subject property located at 2816 Hassert Boulevard; and
b. Pass the ordinance approving a conditional use for an automobile service station on the subject property located at southeast corner of Route 59 and Hassert Boulevard, subject to the conditions included in the ordinance.
M. AWARD OF BIDS AND OTHER ITEMS OF EXPENDITURE:
1. Approve the Award of Change Order #1 to Contract 14-098, Harris Radio System Maintenance Agreement, with Harris Corporation-RFCD for an amount not to exceed $1,224,684.24 and a total contract amount not to exceed $3,459,736.51.
N. PETITIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS:
O. REPORTS AND RECOMMENDATIONS:
1. Approve the City Council Meeting Schedule for September, October and November 2017.
2. Approve the 2016 Renewable Energy Grant Program recommended award to North Central College.
3. Receive the 6-Month Financial Report.
P. NEW BUSINESS
Organizations in this Story
400 S. Eagle St.
Naperville, IL - 60540