Ives praises House after College of DuPage audit resolution approved
The Illinois House of Representatives unanimously approved a resolution on Thursday that will launch a full performance audit of the College of DuPage (COD).
State Rep. Jeanne Ives (R-Dist. 42) sponsored the bill, HR55, which followed the decision by the COD Board of Trustees to give outgoing COD President Robert Breuder a $763,000 severance package to secure his early departure from the presidency.
“When the COD trustees made that sweetheart deal with Dr. Breuder, they triggered a public outcry over the manner in which they were making decisions with taxpayer resources,” Ives said. “This detailed and comprehensive audit is an appropriate legislative response to what appears to be a long list of unethical decisions by that board. I look forward to reading the auditor general’s final report.”
The detailed audit will cover:
• The College of DuPage’s sources of revenue
• The college’s expenditures
• Whether the board is carrying out the responsibilities required by board policy
• Whether the board is meeting its fiduciary responsibilities and ensuring compliance with the Public Community College Act and Board Policies
• Whether the compensation and severance packages provided to the COD president are comparable to compensation and severance packages provided to presidents of other Illinois community colleges
• Whether the changes to the college president’s compensation package were property approved
Organizations in this Story
425 Fawell Blvd
Glen Ellyn, IL - 60137-6708
1725 S Naperville Rd Suite 200
Wheaton, IL - 60189