Naperville releases traffic-diversion plans for Healthy Driven Marathons
With the third annual Healthy Driven Naperville Marathon and Half Marathon less than two weeks away, the City of Naperville has published a guide to street closures and parking restrictions that will be implemented during the highly anticipated event on Sunday, Nov. 8.
This year, the marathon and half marathon will begin on Eagle Street, along the west side of the Naperville Municipal Center, at 7 a.m., and finish in the same location.
In the interest of keeping all runners visible and safe during the six-hour competition, the entire racing route will remain on city and county streets. As the race route slides along these streets, drivers may experience “rolling” traffic stoppages and road closures. For example, as runners pass Mile Marker 1 of the route, nearby road closures will reopen by approximately 8:30 a.m. The city has posted a comprehensive traffic-control plan, outlining no-parking zones, rolling closures, reopening times and detours. There is also a Shuttle Map and Parking Guide, providing information on shuttle services and specific parking-lot locations in and around downtown Naperville for marathon spectators. The plan, maps and parking guide can be accessed at www.naperville.il.us/marathon.
Drivers generally should expect traffic delays during the morning and early afternoon in and around the race area. Road closures and detours will take place near the following major roadways and intersections at the approximate times listed:
• Washington Street from Jefferson Avenue to Hobson Road: 6:30-9:30 a.m.
• Pembroke Road and Chicago Avenue: 7:15-9:15 a.m.
• Mill Street and Ogden Avenue: 7:30-10:15 a.m.
• River Road and Aurora Avenue: 6:30-10:30 a.m.
• 75th Street and Book Road: 8-11:30 a.m.
• Leverenz Road and Book Road: 8:15 a.m. to noon
• 87th Street and Modaff Road: 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
• 87th Street and Washington Road: 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• Emerald Drive and Elmwood Drive: 8:45 a.m. to 2 p.m.
In addition, the following streets bordering the start/finish lines in Downtown Naperville will be closed throughout the entire event:
• Eagle Street from Aurora Avenue to Jackson Avenue
• Jackson Street from West Street to Main Street
Organizations in this Story